Select a project
From the project selector (displayed when the app is started) click on the project. The project details are displayed and can be edited. There are 3 panes in the editor:
- The left pane is an accordian with a couple of sections:
- The Project section allows you to view the complete list of resources, and the details of any IGs in the project. There's also a link to the FHIR spec.
- The Views section has a list of views in the project, and a link to create a new view
- The middle pane shows the details of a single view
- The right pane has details of the selected resource.
Create a new view
All projects have at least one view that is automatically created when the project is created. In many cases, you won 't need to add others unless the graph is complex or you are wishing to look at changes over time.
To create a new view, click the new view link below the list of views in the left pane. Yopu need to give it a name and an optional description. If you select the "copy from previous view" checkbox, then the new view will be a duplicate of the last view in the list, otherwise it will be empty.
Select a view
Views are displayed in the left pane when a project is selected. Select a view by clicking on it. This will display the view contents in the middle plan. There are 3 renderings:
- The Graph view shows the resources as boxes with the references drawn as as lines between them
- The List view has a table with all the resources in the view plus type and reference information
- The Complete resource content tab shows the FSH and JSON for all resources. This pane is only shown when the complete graph is displayed (from teh option in the Project section)
Selecting a resource or reference in the view will show the details in the right pane.
When a view is selected, the app runs a comparison between the resources in the view and the resources in the main project. If there are references between 2 resources in the view that are present in the main project but not in the view, then a ‘sync’ link appears to the lower right of the view. Clicking on this adds the reference to the view . This allows a reference to be created in any view, and potentially be added to any other.
The reason the sync is not automatic is to allow the user to control if the reference appears in the view or not. It could be automated.
Add a resource to a view
To add a resource instance to a view, there is a link at the upper right called Add resource instance. Clicking this link displays the options for adding a resource to the view.
There are 2 ways to do this:
- Select a resource instance that is in some other view (but not this one)
- A new resource for the project
Generally, actions are performed in the context of a view, and are local to that view, though the underlying project (the master) is updated. Eg adding a resource to a view DOES add it to the master project, but DOES NOT add it to other views.
Select an existing resource
If there are multiple views, then the "Add Resource" pane will display any resources in other views but not this one . Clicking the 'Add resource' link will add it to this view. If there references to resources already in the view , then they will be displayed.
Adding new resources
The "Add Resource" pane has a button Add a new resource instance that will display a dialog allowing you to select the type of the resource to add. The R4 core rsource types are always shown, and if there are other IG's associated with this project then each of them will have a tab containing the profiles in that IG.
After selecting the type, you are prompted for:
- The display name for the resource. This is shown in the various renditions of views.
- The more detailed text. This is what would appear in the text element of the resource. This can include any amount of detail
Adding a resource reference
When a resource is selected, the details are shown in the right pane. In addition, the app will check for any potential references between resources in the view and display them in a list below the details. They can be added to the view by clicking the ‘add’ link.
There are 2 things of note:
- Only potential references between resources in the view are shown.
- If there is already a reference between 2 resources in the view (ie in the main project) but not in the view, then it won’t be displayed. A link labelled sync appears below the graph that will add them.
Remove a resource from a view
When a resource is selected then the details of the resource is shown in the right pane. Below the details is a red ‘Delete’ button. Clicking this will remove the resource from the view, along with any references to or from it . Note that these actions are local to the view - neither the resource nor the references are removed from the underlying project.
Remove a reference from a view
To remove a reference between 2 resources, select the reference in the graph, and the details are shown in the right pane. There is a button Remove reference from view that will remove it.
Moving a view
When there are multiple views, they can be re-ordered using the arrows that are shown alongside the view name in the left pane.
Remove a view
To remove a view, first select it then click the 'x' button that is displayed to the right of the view name at the top of the middle pane
Show the complete project
In the "Project" section of the accordian in the left pane is a link labelled Show complete graph that will display all the resources and references in the project. Clicking this also shows the tab with all the resource content in it.